Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sentimental Sundays Blog Hop - Make Lemonade...

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Accent Essentials, Plantin SchoolBook, Simply Charmed), Bazzill Cardstock(Avalanche, Quicksand, Pollen), Echo Park Paper(Walk in the Park - Tree Tops(green), Element Card Paper(yellow)),  Grafix Clear Craft Plastic, My Craft Spot(Crinkled Ribbon - Buttercup, Twine - Honeydew), DMC Memory Thread(Lt. Green), 3D Fruit CUT File_ScrappinCookie, Raindrop Echo Designs(Summertime Sentiments, Garden Bun Bun Fairy Sentiments), ZIG Pen(black), Signo White Pen, Misc - Buttons, Vellum, Wooden Basket(AC Moore).

~*~

CLICK HERE  for Birthday Sundaes Challenge #14.


~*~

Hi Everyone!

Welcom to Sentimental Sundays "CELEBRATE SUMMER" Blog Hop! Tuesday, June 21st, is the official first day of SUMMER on the northern hemisphere and we are all ready for the SUMMER fun to begin. Now, we haven't forgotten about our friends down under who are moving into their winter months and might not feel like making a SUMMERY project, they may be making "SHIMMERY or SPARKLY" projects. Each Design Team Member will be featuring an original SUMMER or SPARKLY project.

If you've come from Dee's Blog, then you're heading in the right direction. If you just happened to come across my blog and would like to play along with our CELEBRATE SUMMER Blog Hop, start HERE at the Sentimental Sundays Blog.

Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! Don't forget to leave comments along the way because there are 3 MYSTERY DT Members who will each choose a winner from the comments left on their Blog Hop posts. The winners will each win a $10 Gift Certificate to Whimsy Stamps!

What better way to start off the SUMMER, than with a nice fresh glass of lemonade?!


The glass was cut out from the Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge. I welded two 5-1/4" 'Lemonade' Shadows together using Cricut Design Studio. To make the glass look more realistic, I cut out the 'Layer1' in Vellum and then again in Clear Craft Plastic to place on top of the "Lemonade".


Before assembling it altogether, I printed a "Make Lemonade" sentiment from Raindrop Echo Designs' "Summertime Sentiments" - click here to purchase - on 'Layer2'.

Due to the shape of the glass, the card was welded at the bottom. It has an odd opening style and doesn't remain closed on its own. I created a "Lemon Wedge" clip, buy cutting out a 1-1/4" 'Lemon' from the Cricut Simply Charmed cart in half and adding some resized 'Party Hat' from Doodlecharms.


Now you can't make Lemonade with Lemons.


I picked up the basket in the wood section of my A.C. Moore. I then stained it with some Mahogany Waterbase Stain from Plaid.


I added some 'Buttercup' Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot - click here to purchase - around the basket. I added a small tag cut out from the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge. I used 'Sentiment1' from Raindrop Echo Designs' Garden Bun Bun Fairy Sentiments - available at Whimsy Stamps. Added some 'Honeydew' Baker's Twine from The Twinery - available at My Craft Spot - to finish it all off.


I searched/googled for a 3D Lemon template, but couldn't find anything. The closet thing I found was a Designers Basket & Apples Template from My Favorite Things. It was this cute little set that inspired me to design my own "Fruit" CUT File - available via comment request.



The basket holds about 5-6 "Lemons".  The "Lemons" were designed in Cricut Design Studio using the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook and Accent Essential Cartridges. They measure about 1-1/4" x 1-1/2", not counting the leaves.  These could be used for all sorts of fruit - tomatoes, oranges, apples, etc.


Each "Lemon" can hold upto several pieces of small candy or 1-2 pieces of Hershey Kisses. I opted to fill mine with some 'Lemon' Skittles.

I hope this 'Make Lemonade Set' has inspired you to join us in our "SUMMER or SPARKLY" (plus a sentiment) challenge week. Not only do we have 3 MYSTERY PRIZES, we also have a set of FOUR INDIVIDUAL sentiments from the Raindrop Echo Designs' Whimsy Stamps Digital Collection by Ann Vento.

Your next stop is Tenny's Blog! If you should happen to get lost along the way, you can find the Blog Hop list over at the Sentimental Sundays Blog. Don't forget to leave comments along the way for your chance to win a $10 Gift Certificate to Whimsy Stamps! The Hop ends Friday, June 24th 11:59PM EST. The winners will be announced on the Sentimental Sundays Blog on Sunday, June 26th. So HOP on over to the next stop and GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for stopping by!   

3D Fruit CUT File
items required
*Cricut Machine
*Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge
*Accent Essential Cartridge
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.







18 comments:

  1. what a fantastic project, such fun.
    thanks for sharing and making the blog hop fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is the cutest project! I love the shaped card and these cute little treat boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute project!! I love the fun little lemons with the twisty wire! So fun!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project to start off SUMMER!! I would love if you could share the cut file with me. I can send you a little something next week when I get paid. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project.

    sharonlittrell@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a genius. Those cute little lemons with the lemon skittles and the cute card with the vellum and plastic. Thank you for sharing. I don't have a cricut or I would ask for the file.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome gift set idea! You did an outstanding job! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW! Such an amazing project! Love your little basket with the paper lemons! So much detail! LoVe it!

    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is the cutest little gift set EVER!!! Anybody would LOVE to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your lemons! :) Is the CUT file for the gypsy?

    cely_rohr at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful!!!!Love it!!!! Thanks for sharing.
    karina1908@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous creation.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charming project! I love how it is based on the sentiment, the "lemons" are super.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project. Your are sooooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling lemonade project you created! Great job!!!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥
    Sharrahug’s Sweet Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My! This is amazing, love it, it must have takem you ages but it looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its lovely your creation. Lemons, lemonade, the yellow, everything, I love it!
    Great inspiration for beginners like me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, great inspiration to beginners like me!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to have the "Fruit" CUT File, please. You are very talented and I truly appreciate your willingness to share.

    Thank you
    Linda V
    linda.vanorio@insightbb.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.