Sunday, July 17, 2011

FCCB Spotlight Sunday - Scrappy Moms Stamps - No Place Like Gnome

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Freshly Picked, Doodlecharms, Create A Critter), Bazzill Cardstock(Avalanche, BlackBird, Red Devil, Sandcastle, Tangelo, Whirlpool), DCVW Cardstock(green), Echo Park 'Walk in the Park' Collection, Jillibean Soup Twine, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders(Swiss Dots), Peachy Keen Stamps(PK - 754 Critter Faces Med.), Scrappy Moms Stamps(Quirky Quotes), Zig Black Pen, Signo White Pen.

~*~

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I come to you today with a FANTABULOUS Spotlight Sunday post. We are so excited to have SCRAPPY MOMS STAMPS for our Spotlight Sunday and Sponsor this week! Thats right, SCRAPPY MOMS STAMPS - so be sure to check our Challenge Me Monday post tomorrow.

Melanie and Tammy have been so nice and have generously donated their BRAND NEW, JUST RELEASED "QUIRKY QUOTES" Stamp Sets to SIX of our FANTABULOUS DESIGNERS! I had the pleasure to be one of the lucky designers and choose to use the "There's no place like Gnome!" from the BRAND NEW "QUIRKY QUOTES" set.


Gnomes are ALL the rage right now and I couldn't resist making my own Mr. Gnomeo and a cozy, little "Gnome" for him.


The Mushrooms, Picket Sign, and Mr. Gnomeo are from the Cricut Freshly Picked Cartridge. Mr. Gnomeo was cut at 3-5/8" and given a combination of two Peachy Keen 'Critter Faces' Face. The hat and shoes were embossed with the 'Swiss Dots' folder.


The Mushrooms were cut at 5" and paper pieced with Echo Park 'Walk in the Park' papers inspired by this week's ColourQ #93. I just LOVED the bright colors and think its what made my little "Gnome" come to life.


 To create the "Door", I used the 'bbybag-s' (baby bag handle) from the Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge. My original intentions were to have the "door" open, but it didn't quite work out.


The grass is from the Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge cut at 1-1/4". I don't have a size for the Picket Sign, - sorry - I forgot to save this last step and lost it. It was cut out twice, one being 1/2" smaller than the first. And to that, I stamped SCRAPPY MOMS STAMPS' "QUIRKY QUOTES - There's no place like Gnome!" sentiment.


All shadows were welded together using Cricut Design Studio and then I started adding layers to give the card - yes, it's a card - some dimension.


I hope you have enjoyed my "Gnome and Mr. Gnomeo". I had an absolutely great time making it.


NOW, be sure to head on over to today's FCCB's Spotlight Sunday post to learn a little bit more about Melanie and Tammy and to see FIVE more SCRAPPY MOMS STAMPS "QUIRKY QUOTES" projects!

Have a GREAT Day!

~*~

This project will also be entered into the following challenges:



12 comments:

  1. Love your card, Marlene! It came out really cute with all the fun patterns thrown in.

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable card! I love that it's so bright. I have this cart and have never used it. Thanks for the inspiration, I am now a new follower. BTW please stop by my blog for an award:)

    -Kara
    Karassweetcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out! This turned out sooooo great. Love the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this card, Marlene! Love the gnome! :) ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute gnome, love all the layers. Great use of the the colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week at ColorQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOLEST CARD EVER! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marlene this is just the cutest thing I have seen in awhile! I love all the wonderful, bright, happy colors you used! And you have set up the cutest little scene, it is just adorable...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute & I love all your little gnomey things! So glad you could play with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marlene -- what a great card! All the little details are SUPER!!

    I'm looking forward to getting to know you more through the FCCB DT!


    Jessica
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marlene! I just joined to follow your blog and look forward to getting to know you through the FCCB DT! I love your card, just adorable!!! The gnome scene is so cute! Hugs, Sabrina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is awesome!!! thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card, Marlene!! I love your adorable gnome and the patterned papers you used!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.