Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sentimental Sundays Challenge #78 - Happy Halloween

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Mini Monograms, Plantin SchoolBook), Bazzill Cardstock(Limeade, Purple Pizzazz, Stonehedge, Tangelo), The Paper Company Cardstock(Black, White), DCWV "Midnight Spell" Collection, Whimise Doodles "Halloween Hootenannies" Stamps(Cat, Spider), My Craft Spot("Mandarin", "Honey Dew" Bakers Twine, "Happy Hauntings" Stamp Set), PrismaColor Pencils, Nestabilities Dies(Lg. Rectangles, Lg. Circles), Martha Stewart "SpiderWeb" Punch, ZIG Black Pen, Misc - Button. Finished Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

~*~

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Welcome to Sentimental Sundays' Challenge #78 - HALLOWEEN. With HALLOWEEN only one week away, this week's challenge is to create a HALLOWEEN project; don't forget your sentiment!

This week Sentimental Sundays is being sponsored by no other than Whimise Doodles!! Whimsie Doodles' digital stamp line features images that range from cute little boys and girls, to punny stuff, and everything in-between. Not only are they offering a $10 GC to the lucky winner, but Melyssa has generously provided the Sentimental Sundays' DT with her "HALLOWEEN Hootenannies" digital set!



As some of you might know, I'm lucky enough to be part of the Whimsie Doodles' DT. But haven't had the opportunity to use all of the HALLOWEEN Hootenannies, so when I found out that Sentimental Sundays was going to sponsored by Whimsie Doodles, I knew exactly which images I wanted to use.

HALLOWEEN Hootenanny Cat


I based the card on the Sketch n Stash Challenge #72 Sketch. And the "Happy HALLOWEEN" Sentiment is from the My Craft Spot "Happy Hauntings" Stamp Set. The "Mandrin" Bakers' Twine is also available at My Craft Spot.


Isn't he just ADORABLE? I colored him in with a mixture of PrismaColor Pencils and Crayola Color Pencils.


HALLOWEEN Hootenanny Spider


This card was based on the Card Patterns' Sketch #137. Used the same "Happy HALLOWEEN" sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Happy Hauntings" Stamp Set, except I stamped it to fit on one line. I tied some "Honey Dew" Bakers Twine - available at My Craft Spot - around a Martha Stewart "SpiderWeb" Border Punch strip. The scalloped circle was cut from the Cricut Mini Monograms at 2.25" REAL DIAL SIZE.


I used my PrismaColor Pencils and Crayola Color Pencils to color this CUTIE. The inspiration for the red legs came from a little spider on my HALLOWEEN Kabob project - being released tomorrow; stay tuned.

Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a HALLOWEEN project PLUS A SENTIMENT and link it up to Sentimental Sundays by Saturday, October 30th 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize. Be sure to visit the Sentimental Sundays Blog, to see more HALLOWEEN inspiration from the DT.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.