Monday, January 30, 2012

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #96 - Be Mine Valen-Tinies

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression Machine, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(Cricut Craft Room Basics, Create A Critter), Bazill Cardstock(French Vanilla, Ruby Slipper), The Paper Company Cardstock(Whipped Cream), My Mind's Eye(Love Me Collection), Cloud 9 Designs(red hearts), My Craft Spot("Build A Valentine' Stamp Set, "Scarlet Red" Crinkled Ribbon, "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist(Pearl), Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser, Misc - Lace, Mulberry Paper Roses. Finished Size: 3" Round

~*~
For the "Cards for Kids" Valentine's Day Blog Hop, CLICK HERE.

For My Craft Spot Monday Challenge Anything Goes, CLICK HERE.
~*~
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #96!

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and this week's FCCB Challenge Me Monday #96 wants to make sure you have the PERFECT cards for friends, co-workers, kids, teachers, etc. This week's challenge is all about VALEN-TINIES! Simply create a small card measuring 3x3 or so.

Before I move on to my VALEN-TINY project, I want to let you know about our FANTABULOUS sponsor this week at FCCB - My Creative Time.

My Creative Time
 
Emma from My Creative Time has generously donated one of her 100% Sweetness Stamp Sets to ONE lucky random challenge participant. In addition, she has provided the DT with TWO of her Valentine Themed Stamp Sets - 100% Sweetness and Classmate Valentines. Unfortunately, I won't be playing along with these stamp sets, but please be sure to stop by FCCB to see all the WONDERFUL creations the DT has come up with.
 
~*~
For my VALEN-TINY Cards, I wanted to create something unique & different and took some liberties with the challenge. I opted for small 3" Round BE MINE VALEN-TINIES.
 


I was actually inspired by the Card Patterns Sketch 149. I fell LOVE with the idea of a scalloped card with a heart.


The Scalloped Card Base was created by welding two 3" Scalloped Circles from the Cricut Craft Room Basics Digital Cartridge together. I then layered two more Circles from the Cricut Craft Room Basics at 2-3/4" and 2-5/8". The Heart is also from the Cricut Craft Room Basics cut at 1.75".


I wanted to create a Simple & Elegant VALEN-TINY card, so I used a simple phrase from the BRAND NEW My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set. I stamped the phrase on a banner piece I put together using the Cricut Create A Critter Flag(pg.28).


I used some "Scarlet Red" Crinkled Ribbon to create a bow and centered it with some "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine - available at My Craft Spot - and a Glimmer Misted Rose, although you can't see it in the picture.


I distressed the edges of the two layered circles.


The inside of these 3" Round VALEN-TINIES is also stamped with the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set.


Here is a quick look at the BE MINE VALEN-TINIES laying down flat.


Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a VALEN-TINY project and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog by Sunday, February 5th 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's My Creative Time prize.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.