Monday, June 4, 2012

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge "Whats Your Age?" - Birthday Ages 8 & 5



Hi Everyone!

~*~


~*~


This week's challenge is "What's Your Age?". Simply create a  NEW - no backlinking, please - Birthday Card with a NUMBER on it.

This is a GREAT challenge for me, as my two little boys are celebrating their BIRTHDAYS' this month and next. I can't believe how old they are going to be...it seems like just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant.

~*~
The oldest one is going to be 8! He's such a BOY and is into Pokemon, Ben10, Thundercats and anything that has to do action/fighting.


I wanted to make him a card that is a bit less childish. He's already asking for permission to walk home ALONE!?!


I used the Basic Grey Life of the Party 6x6 Paper Pad Collection. All cuts were made with my Cricut Expression. The tag was cut from the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge at 4-1/4". The NUMBER 8 was cut at 2-1/2" REAL from the Birthday Bash Cartridge. The two matting circles are also from the Birthday Bash Cartridge cut at 2-5/8" and 2-3/4".


In order to fit the 3 stars from the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge sized at 3/4", 7/8", and 1", I masked off part of the "Happy Birthday to you!" sentiment from the My Craft Spot Birthday Wishes Stamp Set. I stamped the sentiment onto a  resized .75" x 3.75" Flag13 from the Party Picks and Pennants Craft Room Exculsive.  


I cut the NUMBER 8 from Bazzill "Quicksand" Cardstock and ran it thru my cuttlebug with the Distress Stripes Embossing Folder.

I added some Orange Marmelade Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot to the tag. I tied some Blueberry Divine Divine Twine - also available at My Craft Spot -  around the crinkle ribbon.


For the inside I used another sentiment from the "Birthday Wishes" Stamp Set and left room for a personal message.


Here's a quick look at the layers.


~*~

Now, this second card really made me cry. This is for my BABY! My LAST baby! I have no idea where the time has gone. I can't believe he's going to be 5 and last week we celebrated his GRADUATION from PRESCHOOL!!!


This little boy is so silly and funny - he refuses to give me a kiss in public!?! And although I'm not too happy with the design of the card, I'm sure that my baby - cause thats what he's to me - will have fun with it.


 The scalloped circle base was cut using the Card Feature from the Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge at 5-1/4". The yellow star is from the Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge cut at 3". And the orange star is from the Cricut Birthday Bash cut at 1-3/4".

The NUMBER 5 is from the Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge cut at 2-1/4" REAL.


I made a triple-loop bow out of Cherry Divine Divine Twine - available at My Craft Spot - and added it to the smaller star.


The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the My Craft Spot "Birthday Wishes" Stamp Set.


For the inside I used another sentiment from the "Birthday Wishes" Stamp Set.


~*~

If you're still with me, its YOUR turn! Link up your BIRTHDAY - WHATS YOUR AGE? creations to the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge by Monday, June 11th 11:59PM for your chance to win this week's prize. For RULES, please visit My Craft Spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.