Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Craft Spot DT Post - S'mores Kit

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridges(Plantin SchoolBook, Life's A Party, Create A Critter, Craft Room Basics), Bazzill Basics(Carob - dk brown, Pollen - yellow), Core'dinations(Burnt Sugar - brown, Autumn - orange), The Paper Company(Whipped Cream), Bo Bunny( Roughin' It Collection), My Craft Spot("Milk Chocolate" Crinkle Ribbon, "Traditional Chocolate" Baker's Twine, "Tiny Tags2" Stamp Set, "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies), Misc(Buttons, Graham Crackers, Marshmellows, Chocolate Bar).
Finished Size: 3"w x 6"h x 1.5"d.

~*~

Hi Everyone!

Thank You for joining me today for another DT Day over at My Craft Spot!

Today I'm sharing a quick and fast S'MORES KIT made for this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #66 - Under the Stars(camping theme). For FULL details on the challenge, please click HERE.

Due to an unexpected Living Room renovation and an unforseen accident - my desk got hit and fell apart -, I wasn't able to share this S'MORES KIT with you on Monday with the rest of the DT Reveals.

The box is from the Cricut Life's A Party Cartridge cut at 7-1/2". I made a few alterations to the BackPack(pg.63) to make it similar to the SplitCoastStampers Round Top Box.


I filled the S'MORES KIT with enough ingredients to make 2 S'MORES.


I used a Make n' Mold Pretzel Bag for the Graham Crackers. I cut a Scallop Border at 7/8" from the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge and wrapped it around the crackers. I added some of My Craft Spot's "Milk Chocolate" Crinkle Ribbon and tied it all with some "Traditional Chocolate" Baker's Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot.


For the Marshmellows, I used the smaller Make n' Mold Treat Bags. I welded together two(2) Scallop Borders from the Cricut Platin SchoolBook Cartridge at 1/2" each to wrap it around the Marshmellow Bag.


I added a tag cut with the Tiny Tags Metal Dies and stamped with various sentiments of the My Craft Spot "Tiny Tags2" Stamp Set to each of the bags.


The front of the S'MORES KIT box, was embellished with a Bonfire cut from the Cricut Create-A-Critter Cartridge at 1-5/8". I used the Cricut Craft Room Bascis font to make the S'MORE KIT title at 1/2".


Lastly, I added the "Have a Happy Day" sentiment from the Tiny Tags2 Stamp Set - available for purchase HERE. The sentiment is meant to be used as part of a Tiny Tag, so in order to have it fit the sentiment strip I went masking and stamping the sentiment to get the look I wanted.


I hope to have inspired you to use some of the amazing My Craft Spot products and use the stamps in creative ways.

If you haven't already joined this week's UNDER THE STARS(camping theme) challenge, there's still time!! You have until Monday, August 20th 11:59PM MST to enter for your chance to win this week's prize!


4 comments:

  1. Great project. Can I have smore? I know, corny joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable !!! I tried ot find your tooth fairy post but cant, wanted to let you know I LOVE it and it was amazing !!!

    www.scrappinwithmybug.com
    owner~ www.jadedblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! my mouth is watering! You did quite an amazing job with this project.. I love all your work , you have serious talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Super cute.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Justbcreativecrazy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.