Monday, January 21, 2013

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #83 - BEE Mine...

 
Hello Everyone!
 
 
This week's challenge is all about BLINGING IT UP! Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - card, layout, project, etc with some BLING, GLITTER, ANYTHING SHINY!!  
 
~*~
 
I've been in a Valentine's Day mood lately and decided to BLING UP the adorable Valentine Bee from the Cricut Create A Critter 2 Cartridge.
 
 
Since its a Valentine's Day Bee, I left her face in the traditional yellow but gave her body a pink touch. I used my Peachy Keen "Winter Faces Assortment" - just love the large snowman face - and her some rosy cheeks.
 
 
I took the black body piece and sprinkled it with some Martha Stewart GLITTER. The pink strips were cut using a Polka Dot paper from the American Crafts XOXO 6x6 Paper Pad and then some clear tiny RHINESTONES were added.
 
 
Her wings were chalked in blue and the edges have some Stickles "Baby Blue" GLITTER around them.
 
 
I attached a sentiment strip stamped with the "BEE Mine" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set.
 
 
Some "Pink Sorbet" Twinery Twine - available at My Craft Spot - was used to make a small bow. I centered a yellow button with a tiny clear RHINESTONE. Each Heart Antennae also has a small RHINESTIONE.
 
 
NOW, its YOUR turn! Link up your BLING IT UP! project to the My Craft Spot Blog by Monday, January 28th 11:59 MST for your chance to win this week's prize.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love your sparkly little bee! Darling!!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This BEE likes your Bee creation. Did you know that email on your blog as an email follower is not sent until 2 wks after the posting date?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you for always bringing a smile, glitter and an adorable card to our creative world. HVD
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.