Monday, February 11, 2013

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #86 - Let Me Count the Ways...

 
Hello Everyone!
 
 
Valentine's Day is THIS Thursday!! Yes, THIS Thursday! And this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #86 is all about YOUR SWEETHEART! Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - card, layout, project, gift, etc. FOR YOUR SWEETHEART.  
 
 
Hubby and I don't do the BIG COMMERICIAL Valentine's Day thing. We keep things simple and easy. I make him a special Valentine's Day Breakfast before work and tuck in a sweet Valentine Note with his lunch. He brings me a Single Rose when he gets home. And if we do decide to go out we left it for the week after when the restaurants aren't JAMMED PACK.
 
This year, I made my SWEETHEART a quick card letting him know how much I Love Him using some of  My Craft Spot's Stamp Sets and a Bitty Bag.
 
 
I do have to admit that it didn't quite turn out like I had hoped. It might have something to do with the fact that I wanted to keep it masculine and clean - meaning NO SEWING, NO RIBBON, NO FLOWERS, NO GLITTER. And in my attempt to do so I ended up with a color combination of White, Black, Grey, and Red - papers are from the My Mind's Eye Ruby Paper Pad. Love the Papers, just NOT my card - that reminds me an awful lot of Mickey Mouse.
 
 
Back to the card....I used the older Deconstructed Sketch #76.
 
 
I replaced the rectangle behind the tag with the "Red Chevron" Bitty Bag - available at My Craft Spot.
 
  
I stamped the "Let Me Count the Ways..." Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Always & Forever" Stamp Set and tucked it underneath a button and some "Black Licorice" Twine - available at My Craft Spot.
 
 
From inside the Bitty Bag pulls out a tag cut from the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook at 2-5/8". I made a quick outline with a black pen and stamped the "How do I love thee?" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Always & Forever" Stamp Set.
 
 
I stapled a small piece of My Craft Spot's "Midnight Black" Crinkle Ribbon to the tag.
 
 
I then used the numbers from the My Craft Spot "Chunky Alphabet" Stamp Set to stamp the numbers #1 - 4. Each number will include a special reason why I love my SWEETHEART. Now, I don't only love my hubby for FOUR reasons, but its all that would fit in the tag - LOL! And that's what the inside of the card is for.
 
 
For the inside, I used the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set to stamp the "Happy Valentine's Day" Sentiment.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my SWEETHEART's Card and that he likes it, as I have mixed feelings about it.
 
NOW, its YOUR turn! Link up YOUR SWEETHEART'S project to the My Craft Spot Blog by Monday, February 18th 11:59 MST for your chance to win this week's prize.
 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Miss Marlene! Bet your Sweetheart Loved this! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.