Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Xyron Inspiration Tutorial - 3D Apple Box Gift Set

 
Hello Everyone!
 

Thank You for stopping by! Today I have some Xyron®Product Inspiration for you. I'm very EXCITED - and NERVOUS - to share my FIRST Xyron®Product Photo Tutorial with you. I haven't done a tutorial in a VERY long time, so please bear with me for today's tutorial.
 

WARNING: LONG and PICTURE HEAVY Post.
 

At Xryon, we are all ready for BACK TO SCHOOL with some AMAZING projects created by Xyron's Design Team. Here in my area of NJ the kids will be starting school next Thursday and I needed a BACK TO SCHOOL gift for my youngest son's First Grade Teacher.
 
 
I put together a little 3D APPLE BOX GIFT SET using the Apple Box from SVG Cutting Files. Inside I added a small Farmstand Apple Mini Candle and Farmstand Apple Hand Sanitizer from Bath & Body Works and a few pieces of Hershy Kisses.
 

 
I've been asked a few times how and what I use to put together my 3D Items. So I've taken this opportunity to show you how I create my 3D Creations. Stay and Follow Me as I show Step-by-Step how to put together a 3D Item using your Xyron®Products.
 

3D Items using Xyron®Products
 

For the purpose of this tutorial, I will be using the the 3D Apple Box from SVG Cutting Files. You may purchase this file HERE.
 
Step 1:                                   Gather the following Xyron®Products:
 
Step 2:   Cut your favorite 3D Cutting File from your desired cardstock and/or patterned paper.  Score and Fold on all score marks.
- I've decided to cut out my the 3D Apple Box twice - one from Red Cardstock and one from Pattern Paper - so that the backside of my Patterned Paper is not visible from the inside. You may cut it out directly onto your Patterned Paper or Cardstock.-
 
 
Step 3: Take your Xyron® Glue Stick For Corners and apply it liberally to any small flaps your 3D File might have. Here, I've used the Xyron® Glue Stick For Corners on the smaller triangular top flaps of the 3D Apple Box.
- Now, I have to be completely honest with you. I'm not a BIG fan of Glue Sticks, but Xyron® Glue Stick For Corners' has CHANGED my mind! It has a GREAT bond and STRONG hold. PERFECT for 3D Creations! -
 

 
Step 4:  Using the Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape, we are going to add small strips of adhesive to the larger tabs of the 3D Apple Box. If you're using a different Cutting File, add the Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape to any larger tabs your cut might have. Remove the white cover liner and adhere both sections together to start forming your 3D Apple. Be sure to press and hold the sections together for a few seconds to ensure a PERECT and STRONG hold. Do this all around your file until you have your 3D Item almost complete.
 

 
 
Step 5:  To finish forming our 3D Apple Box, we are going to use some more Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape to add to the end tabs of the file. Again, be sure to press and hold the ends together for a few seconds to acheive a secure hold.
 
 
Step 6: Turn your 3D Apple Box upside down so that the bottom of the box is facing up. Here we are going to add a Xyron® 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dot to each of the smaller triangular bottom flaps. Add the bottom piece of your cut file to your box.
- Note: I tweaked the bottom layer of the 3D Apple Box from a circle to a hexagon using my sharp scissors, as I felt it gave it a better coverage and hold. -




Step 7: Repeat these steps adjusting as needed to create the top lid of the 3D Apple Box. The base of your 3D Apple Box is now complete and ready for some Patterned Paper. If you'd rather keep your 3D Apple Box as is, please skip to Step 10.


 
 
Step 8: Since I didn't want the backside of my Pattern Paper showing on the inside of my 3D Apple Box, I first cut it out from a Red Cardstock Base and then added my Pattern Paper. We can achieve this by cutting the Pattern Paper along the scoremarks. Be sure to keep all the pieces in order as you cut along, this way you will know exactly where they belong. Now, take the Xyron® 5" CreativeStation™ with Permanent Refill and run all your Pattern Paper 3D Apple Box pieces through the machine.
- Note: please disregard the Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape on the end tabs. This step is not necessary. Remember I told you to bear with me? -
 
 
Step 9: Remove your Pattern Paper pieces from the Xyron® 5" CreativeStation™ adhesive liner and adhere to your 3D Apple Box making sure you keep them in the order you cut them. Continue until you have covered your 3D Apple Box - or the Cut File you are using - in your Pattern Paper. Repeat this step for the 3D Apple Box's Lid.
 

 
Step 10: We are now ready to add the "Stem" to our 3D Apple Box. Take your Xyron® 1.5" StickerMaker with Permanent Refill and run the "Stem" through the machine and layer together. I cut out an extra two leaves from some Patterned Paper for some dimension. I adhered the Patterned Paper Leaves with the Xyron® Glue Stick For Corners, adding it only to the end edge so that my leave would have a realistic look.
 
 
Step 11: For an added touch, I took a wooden dowel and painted it Brown with some acrylic paint and added it to the 3D Apple Box's Stem. To do this, simply add a piece of Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape to the paper stem. Take your wooden "stem", rub it with some adhesive from Xyron® Glue Stick For Corners and adhere it to the 3D Apple Box's Lid.


 
Step 12: Your 3D Apple Box is now ready for some embellishments. I added a small white flower made from My Craft Spot's "Small Alphabet" Metal Dies using the Xyron® 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dot.
 

 
Step 13: I love adding Ribbon to most of my creations and I'd love to share my little secret to keep a PERFECT lined ribbon with you. I simply take a piece of Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape, add it to the back of my 3D Apple Box and add my ribbon. This ensures that my ribbon is held in place and won't slide or move around while I'm trying to tie my bow.

 
 
Step 14: And finally your 3D Apple Box is ready for the finishing touches. I added a small tag from the My Craft Spot's "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies stamped with the "For my Teacher" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Tiny Tags 3" Stamp Set using my Xyron® Glue Stick For Corners. On top, I layered it with a Green Jute Bow and Button adhered with a Xyron® 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dot. And to share ONE last trick with you all, I add a Xyron® 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dot to the back of my bow to avoid it from coming foward as it can get a bit heavy with all the embellishments added.
 

 
And now, your 3D Apple Box is COMPLETE!
 

 
I hope you have enjoyed and found my tutorial on how to put together 3D Items using Xyron®Products helpful. Feel free to contact me - ScrappinCookie at Hotmail.com - if you have any questions or comments. I'd be glad to help!

 
Be sure to check out the Xyron®Inc Facebook Page, for more helpful tutorials, Back To School Projects and soo much more.

 
Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Great project and wonderful tutorial. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty and doesn't seems fairly easy to make. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.