Monday, November 25, 2013

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #119 - Merry & Bright Gingerbread House

 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome to My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #119! 
 
We are quickly approaching the Holiday Season and everyone at My Craft Spot wants to help you get ready. That's why this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #119 is all about SHAPED CHRISTMAS CARDS! Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - CHRISTMAS CARD in any SHAPE you'd like.
 
I love making SHAPED CARDS and this GINGERBREAD HOUSE was soo much FUN to put together. I added soo many little details to it, it almost looks real. The SHAPED GINGERBREAD HOUSE CARD was cut from the Cricut Create A Critter 2 Cartridge at 5.5" from Core'dinations "Burnt Sugar" Cardstock.  
 
 
The SHAPED GINGERBREAD HOUSE CARD was cut from the Cricut Create A Critter 2 Cartridge at 5.5" from Core'dinations "Burnt Sugar" Cardstock. I used my White Liquid Applique pen for the roof to give it that Snowy/Buttercream Frosting effect.
 
 
The gumdrops - as the rest of the pieces - were cut out twice from My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland 6x6 Paper Pad - available at Shop Pumpkin Spice - so I could pop them out using my Xyron Homemade Dimensions. I also ran thru my Xyron 1.5" Create A Sticker Machine and sprinkled them with glitter before adding to the roof.
 
 
I also added some lace ribbon and replaced the original wreath that cane with the Gingerbread House for two Candy Canes also from Create A Critter 2 Cartridge. I tied a small "Green Apple" Devine Twine - available at My Craft Spot - around the Candy Canes and centered it with a small pearl.
 
 
Some of My Craft Spot's "Scarlet Red" Crinkle Ribbon was tied into a double-loop bow around the GINGERBREAD HOUSE SHAPED CARD before adding the door and window. I layered some Ivory Jute Stringavailable at My Craft Spot - and two gold jingle bells on the ribbon. Underneath the bow, I tucked in a small tag cut with My Craft Spot's "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies and stamped with the "Merry & Bright" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Mistletoe" Stamp Set.
 
 
The Christmas Peppermint Candies were also cut from the Cricut Create A Critter 2 Cartridge in varies sizes and pieced together using my Xyron 1.5" Create A Sticker Machine - as was the door. Then they were tucked in a "window planter" I created using a scallop border made with the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge.
 
 
The inside was stamped with a sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Joy to the World" Stamp Set.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my CHRISTMAS GINGERBREAD HOSUE SHAPED CARD as much as I did putting it together. I'd love to hear what you think, so be sure to leave me comment.
 
 
NOW, its YOUR turn! Link up your  CHRISTMAS SHAPED CARDS to the My Craft Spot Blog by Monday, December 2nd 11:59 MST for your chance to win this week's prize.
 


6 comments:

  1. Love your card. I am going to make it for my grandchildren. They will love it. So many yummy details. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little gingerbread house looks scrumptious!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Your Gingerbread-shaped card is simply stunning!! Thank you for the inspiration and details!! I LOVE IT!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.